Nestling in a quiet delightful rural setting, Chilton Country Pub & Hotel offers an excellent range of facilities, including a bar, restaurant and 25 bedrooms that have been decorated to a high standard and overlook the countryside with ample car parking for guests. Celebrating the ninth year of this festival, we are be bringing some well known names to the county from around the UK and across the English Channel. With Mungo Jerry headlining and five other very different, but striking bands in the line-up, this will undoubtedly be another great festival and one live music event not to miss in the North East!
Mungo Jerry’s “In The Summertime”, was one of the fastest selling singles of all time. It was recorded early in 1970 and within weeks, the record had become a global hit sending its composer, lead singer and front man, Ray Dorset aka Mungo Jerry into a completely different world from being a semi-pro musician to an overnight international star. It had an astonishing impact on the music world and raced to number one just a fortnight after its May 1970 release, remained there for an impressive seven weeks and became the year’s best selling single.
Instead of simply resting on his laurels and living off the success of the world's biggest selling Summer song In The Summertime. Ray Dorset aka Mungo Jerry has in this new millennium maintained his reputation as the King of the Groove by releasing some of his best and strongest work and Mungo Jerry's live stage performance has been much acclaimed at Blues, Jazz and Rock Festivals throughout the world.
The full line up is as follows:
- Mungo Jerry –what else is there to say!
- Connie Lush Band – is regarded as one of the finest blues singers in the UK, five-time winner of best UK vocalist, twice European Blues vocalist of the year, she has performed at some of Europe’s most prestigious festivals!
- John Otway and Wild Willy Barrett - don’t know what to expect, then be prepared for everything from bare-chested theremin playing to wah wah wheelie bin as the duo jump from one hit and 40 near misses to another!
- The Cinelli Brothers – Marco & Alessandro Cinelli champion a new generation of passionate musicians sharing a love of Blues, Soul, R&B and the true authentic sounds that have made blues a cornerstone of music history!
. Connor Selby Band – inspired by musicians that emerged in the 1960s citing Eric Clapton as his first and current major influence, putting particular emphasis on his output with John Mayall and The Bluesbreakers and Cream!
· Gary Grainger– his interest in blues goes back a long way and current sets include a mixture of traditional & modern blues tunes, featuring songs by bands such as Little Feat, Grateful Dead, the Allman Brothers - & ZZ Top !
No need to worry about searching for food and drinks on the day either, there will be a range of alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, real ales available and a varied menu that should meet everyone's taste!
Don't miss out on Durham Blues, Rhythm & Rock Festival on Saturday 15th June
The festival takes place at Chilton Country Pub & Hotel, Black Boy Road, Fencehouses, County Durham DH4 6PY
Early Bird tickets are only £28.00 + bf
Ticket with one nights accommodation at on site hotel, including full English breakfast are as follows:
Twin or double room is £68 per person based on 2 people sharing
Single room is £99
To book, please call 01472 349 222 or go online at http://durhambluesfestival.co.uk/tickets.html
To find out more about line up and the festival in general, please visit http://durhambluesfestival.co.uk/index.html
Don’t be late, doors open at 1.30 p.m. and the music starts at 2.00 p.m. and ends at 10.00 p.m.
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.