frankly sinatra on Thursday 31st October 2019
With vocals from out of this world, David Alacey will leave you in awe performing the timeless classics from the Chairman of the Board, Frank Sinatra.
A concert as cool as a glass of ice-cold whiskey, we take you through the incredible discography of one of the most iconic figures in music and film history. David Alacey has dedicated his life to Frank Sinatra, not only having seen him perform at both The London Arena and The Royal Albert Hall but forming a special relationship with one of Sinatra’s closest friends, Vegas star, Buddy Greco!
Buddy Greco once stated that, “David Alacey really is Sinatra! It’s frightening.” They were not only close friends but also recorded Sinatra’s saloon song ‘One for My Baby’, which was released by Acrobat Records!
Frankly Sinatra really does recreate the hair-raising, spine-tingling, goose-bumping records of the 50’s phenomenon! Come fly with Us as we take tribute shows to new heights, with classics such as: Mack the Knife; New York, New York; That’s Life; My Kind of Town; My Way and so much more!
It’ll make you feel so young – Frankly Sinatra! Tickets out now!
This is a tribute show and is no way affiliated with any original artists/estates/management companies or similar shows.
Promoter reserves the right to alter the programme.
STATS AND FACTS
- Frankly Sinatra has been touring for almost five years, from Liverpool to Tunbridge Wells, the show has done it all!
- David Alacey also sat in the audience when Buddy Greco performed at The Cliffs Pavilion, when he was just sixteen!
- Frank Sinatra is just one of only five artists/groups who have won the Grammy Award for Album of the Year more than once!
- Frankly Sinatra has been seen by over 30,000 people in just over 90 shows!
- ‘My Way’ has been covered by more than 60 artists, including Elvis Presley, Aretha Franklin and Sid Vicious.
DON’T JUST TAKE IT FROM US: READ THE REVIEWS
- “Sinatra is back at The Sands with Count Basie in 1966, as Alacey sings and swings with the style and panache of Ol’ Blue Eyes in his glorious prime.” John Judge – The Daily Telegraph
- “Alacey wraps his late night programme at The Café Royal in elegant chic.” – James Green, The Stage
- “A score of 100 wouldn’t be high enough. He was amazing – worth every penny!” – Customer Review
MORE ABOUT THE ARTIST – DAVID ALACEY
- How did you get into performing, was there an artist you saw that resonated with you?
My parents took me to live theatre shows from an early age and we became friends with the actor who played The Sixth Doctor Who - Colin Baker. Through that I realised that show business was an accessible career and so trained as an actor at The Italia Conti Academy in London.
- If you hadn’t had been a performer what would you be doing?
The only other interest career wise I have ever had is politics! So perhaps I would be an MP! In my spare time I was a local councillor for many years and so that would have been the next step. I suppose all our politicians could be considered Entertainers!
- What is the most rewarding thing about your work? I love meeting audience members after the show in all the different towns we visit. I have made some good friends while on the road. What other job gives you immediate feedback and appreciation in the way that entertainers receive it?
*Please find our full interview with David enclosed in the Google Drive Link*
Music Genres: Jazz
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.